Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Things to be thankful for

It's easy to feel overwhelmed. I'm fighting off a wave of it right now. I don't have a job, I'm about to begin a ten-day medical study for which I will be paid $1,980, I interviewed at Barnes and Noble for a position that pays $8.50 an hour and starts at 20 hours a week, and I've got a 6-month window to start a job as a telemarketer. And I just keep thinking things, unhelpful things, negative things, and I don't want to go there.

Instead I want to find the things I'm thankful for, and find the humor in all of this.

Being a lab rat might just be an awesome experience. I'll have loads of time to read and write, and at the end of it we'll have replenished our savings a little.

It may not be an exciting job, but darn it, there is a job waiting for me.

I can say no to a part-time job that pays crap.

I have an amazing husband who makes delicious meals for me, and he's a great actor.

We own so many awesome games.

I have no shortage of clothes because I keep finding them for free!

I am almost finished with the first edit of my book--I will finish during this ten-day study.

We live close to beaches. Real beaches.

We won tickets not only to the aquarium, but also to the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA.

We have the most adorable dog in the world.


And those are just a few things.

4 comments:

JS Bangs said...

Aw, Stina, we miss you guys. I think you're both doing great. Hope you feel better, and that the medical experimentation gives you super-powers.

Me said...

Good luck in the medical study and yes, we do have things to be thankful for and sometimes we need to vent the bad thoughts, too, which is what I've done in my blogs. You're a stronger person than I :)

Ribs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ribs said...

What is your book about? I like the jist of your 'busking journey'.