Friday, June 12, 2009

The Choices We Make

Guess what I spent all day doing? Loading hay bales onto the back of a truck. If you guessed we're not in Seattle anymore, you are right. Brendan had a follow-up appointment on Monday and the doctor said he was looking good and it would be fine for us to travel. This doctor even said that he doesn't recommend Brendan has his appendix taken out as long as there aren't any more problems with it. We are taking his advice to heart so far, but also keeping a close eye on Brendan's health. Right now he is running a slight fever and has a cough, but no pain in the appendix area. We think he may have just caught something from someone, because we did just spend two days on a bus traveling from Washington to Wisconsin. Brendan has a doctor's appointment this coming Monday with the Weinhold family physician, so they'll check everything and make sure he's really okay. 

As soon as we found out we were cleared for travel, we started packing up our things and making plans to leave the next morning. My sister Amelie and I treated my dad to an early Father's Day treat of dinner and a movie that evening since I won't be there to celebrate with him on the 21st. Tuesday morning, we were off! My parents drove us to the Everett bus station and we headed out at 10:10am. We arrived in Milwaukee around 8:30am Thursday morning, where Brendan's dad picked us up. We've already had one delicious dinner at our favorite pizza place, Tomaso's, and we played mini golf last night. And today I worked my butt off and I'm now going to reward myself with sleep. Good night. 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It's good to see that Brendan is feeling better and the both of you are back on the road! Hopefully we'll cross pathes again soon. We miss you and JoJo says, "WOOF!"