Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'll tell you what I want...

It's a funny thing, how we can really do whatever we want. We have so many options available to us. We can travel wherever we want, perform however we want, spend our days doing whatever we want to do. We keep tossing different ideas around of where exactly we should travel next and how long we should stay there, and it's surprisingly hard to make these decisions. We are influenced both by our desire to make a home and have familiarity, and our desire to experience new places and people and see things we've never seen before. And on top of that there's the performing, and wondering where we'll be successful doing that and whether we're going somewhere to see a place or certain people, or to perform.

So what do we really want? I lied with the post title, because I don't know. But talking about all our options is a fun way to pass the time, so you can count on us considering a million choices and maybe eventually we'll narrow it down to one, or at least a few. There are two sure things: we are staying here through Mardi Gras, and we are flying to Dusseldorf, Germany from NYC on June 30th.

1 comment:

Anim Cara said...

One of the most difficult problems people in our society have is goal setting. That's because our goals are set for us for so many years. People may have major goals but they don't learn the ins and outs of breaking the big goals down into incremental, doable actions. It's an especially big problem finding motivation to go after the tiny increments because they make the big goal seem so distant. I wish I were more motivated to finish my novel but the chapters I need to write aren't thrilling to me and I expect if the writing bores me, it will anyone reading it, even though I know that's not entirely true. So learning a new skill may be with you. too.