Thursday, February 3, 2011

First speaking role on national television!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present, for your delight, the tale of one Fred Brown. An upstart small businessman, renowned for his fantastical parties. Due to circumstance beyond his control, a client was unhappy with the service he provided, and despite his offers of a partial refund, she chose to sue him in AMERICA'S COURT.

Now, I can't give the ending away. And I don't know when it's airing. So you'll just have to watch America's Court (With Judge Ross - He's got this. He's Boss Ross.) forever.

We were given a case and told to make up our arguments. Then the director came in and told us to argue more, and not back down until the judge has told us to settle down at least 3 times.

My co-star was a very nice lady (from Seattle. WhaaaT?). Who's been in LA for the past 7 years. She's an animal care provider. (She was a vet assistant, then owned a doggy day care, now owns a doggy dentistry place.) She's also a funtabulous actress, who told me about IO west. It's an improv group that I'll look into.

I got HD makeup and a dressing room just shared between my costar and me. Pretty awesome. I can see why I want to be an actor. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Oooo. I just thought of an argument I should have made. Oh, well. My character didn't think of it in time.

4 comments:

Me said...

I smell an Emmy!

JS Bangs said...

Wait, are you trying to tell me that the characters on those daytime court shows are ACTORS?! I seriously did not know that. Thanks for destroying part of my innocence, Brendan.

Brendina Pederhold said...

Not all court shows, Jesse. But this one, yes. I think Judge Judy has the actual litigants argue the cases.

Nikki Prz said...

Woohoooo! Put it on your reel! See, I speak LA now.